Friday 24 September 2010

getting started...again

So here I am again, bedridden and feeling creatively frustrated. The last time I set up a blog was while I was off work with a smashed up big toe. I was really enthusiastic about starting and had a humungous amount of stuff to add to my shiny new blog. I was convinced that even when I went back to work, I should still be able to find half an hour every few days to update my blog. I mean how difficult can it be to find a teeny bit of time? Hmm…well its 3 ½ years later and my sad little blog remains only a few pages long….life got in the way.

So I’m trying again...
Right at the beginning of term (I’m Head of Art at a Norfolk high school), my birthday in fact, I began to get a cold which turned rather violent and good old antibiotics didn’t even work. Nearly 3 weeks later I’m only just getting better and I’m immensely bored. I’ve watched way too much television, mostly the good food channel which, along with The Great British Bake Off has been teasing me relentlessly as I haven’t been able to do any cooking let alone yummy baking.
the lovely Mel and Sue

I loved The Great British Bake Off; I just wish I had the kind of metabolism which could support weekly cake eating which would surely be on the cards if I ever had time to bake. Ruth Clemens who came a close second to the lovely Edd, has got her own blog; thepinkwhisk.co.uk It’s full of loads of yummy recipes with some really interesting flavour combinations, along with great step by step instructions and photos.

So having spent a good hour or two browsing through various lovely blogs I decided to give myself a kick up the backside and start up another of my own. The blog will (hopefully) contain updates and images of my own baking creations as well as a little area for all the other stuff I design and make.

No comments:

Post a Comment