Tuesday 5 October 2010

Mini Maple Pecan Nutcakes

I’ve seen cakes made using a square of greaseproof paper instead of a paper cake case, which look really nice. I have planned on making these myself but then I found some for sale in my local cake supply shop. These would be perfect for the mini versions of the caramelised nut housewarming cake mentioned earlier.
After the cakes were cooked and still warm from the oven, I added a delicious buttery caramel which was slightly different from my original version which used golden syrup, butter and brown sugar. This time, to marry with the pecans, I used some of the maple syrup left over from Ellie’s muffins in place of the golden syrup.

What a triumph! The maple butterscotch soaked into the cake giving it a deliciously moist texture and provided a lovely glaze to the pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment