Friday 1 October 2010

First Cupcake Order

Since putting up my cake photos on my little facebook group, I’ve had loads of comments from people encouraging me to set up a small business. It’s a nice idea but I don’t have much spare time with teaching and my children. I’d love to be able to combine the both and maybe when Ted is at school full time, I may have a few more hours. For now I’m happy to make things for my friends and family and to do the odd commission. My first cupcake commission was requested last week when I was asked to make 20 cupcakes in 4 designs chosen from my previous creations.

I started by making the two styles of butterfly using half Mexican paste and half fondant coloured light pink.
I used pearlescent spray on the small butterflies and used pearlescent powder colour to paint the larger butterflies.

I left them to dry on top of little folded cards. (In this case, freebie game cards from when Neil took the children to Bella Italia)
 3 days later... perfectly dry butterflies.
Making the cupcakes…
  
 Adding glitter and sparkle…

Boxed up and ready to go…well almost….I bought the box which is specially designed for transporting cupcakes safely but clearly not designed for fairly tall piped cakes. I realised that it was going to squash the butterfly cakes so I had to cut off the top and add wooden skewers in the corners to raise the lid and keep the cakes in perfect condition.






No comments:

Post a Comment