Thursday 21 October 2010

Lois and Dans Wedding

I mentioned in a previous entry about my sisters wedding in July. It was an absolutely fantastic day and every detail was gorgeous. Lois looked absolutely stunning, Dan looked great. The spectacular venue was designed by one of my absolute favourite architects; Charles Voysey and the house was full of lovely romantic details like this forged heart letterbox.
I have a small business making wedding stationary which has been placed on the back burner since I’ve been teaching again, but I was able to dig out my equipment to design and make all the stationary for Lois and Dan’s wedding. The design motif was taken from the wallpaper in my dining room which we discovered was an original Charles Voysey textile design. I photographed then redrew the motif on PhotoShop and used it to adorn all the stationary from invites, to menus, table plan, guest book etc. etc.






Lois is a whiz on the sewing machine and she made all the napkin rings using a gorgeous Cath Kidston floral fabric, finished with my name tags.
 
 The whole room looked amazing and for once it was great to be at a wedding to see the stationary I had designed, actually in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment