Sunday 12 December 2010

Handmade Christmas Stockings for Elsie and Ted

After I had felted an owl for Ted two Christmas Eve’s ago, I then had to get on with making him a fleece stocking. I was feeling guilty for making Elsie her first stocking but hadn’t got round to doing one for Ted. He, being only nearly two had absolutely no idea whether his stocking was homemade or not, but I still felt guilty. So on Christmas Eve, having prepared loads of food for the holidays including a big turkey and trimmings, several Tupperware boxes full of biscuits, cakes, homemade chocolates etc., and having completed a soft fleecy owl, I then started work on making Ted a stocking. I used soft turquoise fleece with a lime green trim and added a little, needle felted polar bear using natural coloured merino fleece.
And here is the detail from Elsie's first stocking...

No comments:

Post a Comment